2019-10-16

My Heart Grows Fonder

In this game, we follow Cas, a young man suddenly reunited with his ex-girlfriend Maia, who left him without a word three years ago. Thanks to his best friend Ava, the two meet again—and what's more, Maia has some important business in town, so she will be staying at Cas' place for a while. And neither girl will tell him what is going on...


I liked...

  • The characters (except for Cas' sleazy colleague, who's really one dimensional, and not in a good dimension)
  • The plot (it's simple, but doesn't overstay its welcome)
  • The setting (it deals with entering the adult life; not the stereotypical highschool setting)
  • The look and feel (nice artwork and music)

I didn't care for...

  • The H-scenes (I don't think they contribute much to the story, esp. with Maia)
 

Verdict

Compared to Sickness, an earlier Zetsubou title which I both loved and hated at different points, My Heart Grows Fonder is a less ambitious, but far more well-rounded experience. It's not groundbreaking, but I enjoyed reading it and would recommend it if you're looking for a romance with slightly older characters.



No comments:

Post a Comment